Who is 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
System testing involves evaluation of the entire product with an aim to find the faults or defects in the system. A system test engineer is a person who finds the defects in a system which are not in accordance with the SRS (software system requirements). Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) is a classification system for all the jobs available in Australia. It describes the duties and responsibilities of ICT systems test engineers under the ANZ SCO code 263213. Hence individuals looking forward to applying for immigration to Australia must research and assess the job profile and then begin with their RPL application. The RPL report is then assessed by the Australian computer society (ACS) that evaluates the applicant’s capabilities, qualifications, job duties and skills mentioned. In order to prepare competitive RPL report, one must be clear with the job profile of an ICT systems test engineer as described by the ANZSCO.
Job Description of 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
In various organizations, system test engineers work under the quality assurance team. Their main job involves checking whether the software program and utilities are working properly. The job description of an ICT systems test engineer includes the following:
- Testing engineer’s job includes designing, building and executing effective strategies for testing computer systems.
- They need to perform different kinds of testing strategies such as black box testing, grey box testing and white box testing.
- They must be aware of automated testing tools and manual testing techniques.
- They not only test the behaviour of a system in different scenarios but also document the results obtained, defects found and rectified.
- They must be aware of the fundamental and non-fundamental requirements of the system so that they can test the integrity of the same.
- They often have to work in a team comprising of different test engineers and software developers to ensure that the software solutions are working optimally.
Roles and Responsibilities of 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
The alternative titles for an ICT systems test engineer are systems tester and ICT test analyst. Roles and responsibilities for this job profile include the following:
- Detecting issues with the software programs and providing solutions that adhere to the quality standards and processes
- Providing guidelines for quality standards and programming the testing protocol so that the system can perform according to the user specifications and requirements
- Analyzing the software systems, scheduling audits and reviewing the data and documentation of the systems
- Working with firmware developers and software engineers to ensure the integrity and security of the systems
- Identifying any potential risks to the system that may violate their quality standards
- Communicating with the management team and the users to aware them of the standards and quality control activities or procedures being used to maintain the software quality
- Rectifying the issues that may appear on the computer system such as desktops, storage devices, printers and other peripherals
- Dealing with the issues related to repair installation, upgradation and maintenance of software systems such as the internet, email, operating systems, databases and other software programs
- Detecting the areas that do not comply with the standards of the software and providing corrective action plans for them
- Creating documents like instruction guides, procedure guides, specification reports, operation manuals, technical reports and maintenance documents
Qualifications Required for 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
- The ANZSCO requirements for the occupation of ICT systems engineer are a bachelor or higher degree in the field related to computer science and engineering.
- A relevant experience of 5 years minimum can be used in place of formal education.
- However, in certain cases, relevant experience and training is a must for this job role.
Skills Required for 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
Along with having the appropriate educational qualifications and experience of working in the ICT field, assistant test engineers must showcase their extraordinary interpersonal skills such as:
- better time management
- ability to come up with innovative ideas
- ability to troubleshoot issues
- ability to create documentation
- ability to work in a team
- extraordinary communication skills
- critical thinking skills
ANZSCO provides ICT units that closely related to the job description of a system test engineer such as:
- Computer Science
- Computer Audits
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems
- ICT Security
- Data Communication
- Database Management Systems (Design, Maintenance and Implementation)
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Network Architecture
- Information Systems