The Competency Demonstration Report Sample for Geotechnical Engineer includes all the necessary reports such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The Content of the Geotechnical Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Geotechnical Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: “Drive Pile Foundation Design and Soil Analysis”
In first career episode, the author describes the project he did when he was studying Geology-Petroleum Geology at University of London. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Drive Pile Foundation Design and Soil Analysis”. During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Arranged a detailed meeting with the supervisor to understand the technologies and science behind pile driving
- Conducted a thorough research to clarify confusions regarding driven pile foundations and its design criteria
- Investigated subsurface conditions of the targeted area by testing out the percentage of stacked layers of organic, inorganic, marine, and glacial soils and bedrock
- Selected the driven piles after carefully going through the different types of pile, pile capacity specifications, and minimum pre-augering depths
- Performed pre-augering and determined soil resistance to explore the characteristics of the soil under consideration
Geotechnical Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: “Soil Stability”
In second career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was working as Geotechnical Engineer in Schlumberger. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Soil Stability” were:
- Arranged a team discussion to clarify the main objectives of the project and discussed the whole project
- Performed a desktop study of the past projects and understand the problems during the projects and the side effects.
- Gathered the sufficient information or experience in order to select the project strategy.
- Conducted the site investigation
- Selected the stabilization method that was based on laboratory test carried out on the soil
Geotechnical Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: “Construction of A New Base Camp Foundation”
In third career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was working as Geotechnical Engineer in Schlumberger. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Construction of A New Base Camp Foundation” were:
- Organized and supervised the delivery of construction materials, equipment and also directing the labor and assigned their duties on the site.
- Arranged meeting to establishing the detailed programs for the coordination of site activities.
- Obtaining soil and rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, compressibility and other factors that affect the behavior of soil and rock when a structure is imposed and determining the safe loading for the soil.
- Studied civil and architectural engineering drawing, specification and estimated total cost of the project and prepared detailed cost plans.
- Analysed and monitored structural designs for the loads.
Geotechnical Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required for Professional Geotechnical Engineer. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Geotechnical Engineer Continuing Professional Development
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s Geotechnical Engineering Knowledge.
Contact CDRReport.org at firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding CDR writing instantly!
The Rubik's Cube is a 3D twisty puzzle. Learn the beginner's solution method memorizing only a few algorithms.