While you can certainly do the RPL ACS assessment by yourself, it is a tough one that will require a lot of your time and effort. RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) is a report that can change the course of your visa application if done in the right way with the correct level of expertise. Being an independent applicant you might just lack the skills to do it right, applying the technicalities that it requires.
The ACS Assessment by making an RPL submission demands two comprehensive project reports that highlight your domain expertise through the relevant job roles that you fulfilled. Having the practical know-how that the chosen occupational role (you are applying for) demands, needs to subside the fact that your degree did not adhere to the Washington, Sydney, Dublin or Australia Accord. And, this is what the two project reports must reflect aptly.
What RPL Demonstrates?
As mentioned above, through your RPL the assessors want to assess your expertise in line with the chosen occupational role. They will evaluate the key areas of knowledge that you demonstrate and align them with the said role. So, your project report must elaborately depict:
- What all you learnt during the course of the said project/s
- Key knowledge areas
- Your ability to practically apply the knowledge
While one of these projects must have been undertaken in the last three years, the other should have been completed in the last five years. Apart from fulfilling these basic guidelines, other important requirements to be met while you work on the ACS RPL report are:
- Elaborate on the network topologies that you adopted, including the size of the facility, or detailing out the security or distribution facilities
- In simple terminology elaborate on the aspects of project management or the quality assurance techniques adhered to
- Through the project, reports highlight your contribution to the processes involved with implementation or design or enterprise-wide computer systems
- You must also speak of the techniques that you adopted for database or file design and management
- Mention the programming languages used and design procedures adopted
- Let the assessors know about ICT managerial activities, details on extent and nature of your responsibilities
- System analysis and design methodologies, etc.
This summarises a correct way to work on your ACS assessment yourself.
0 responses on "How can I do an ACS assessment by myself?"